Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cheater Painting

This second painting is a copy of an oil painting by Kevin MacPherson http://www.kevinmacpherson.com/. I believe it's called "Serene Pastures". I found it in a book that I checked out from the library and I guess it reminds me of South Dakota and Minnesota and Iowa. I like green and I like cows....what can I say? This painting is 9" x 12", in acrylic.


This was my first real experience in mixing colors with acrylic. I'd mix a color that I thought was close and found out it was very WRONG. I also found out that I wanted to treat acrylics like watercolor. It was hard to make the transition from thin to thick paint. The original painting is impressionistic and kind of loose, which I had trouble duplicating. But, in the end, I like it. I had this old, antique frame that fits perfectly!

Emma Pod

No comments: