Here is my drawing for the Everyday Matters Challenge #147, to draw something made of wood. I bought this carved wooden monk a long time ago at a monastery - I can't remember which monastery or even in which state. It may be from New Melleray Abbey in Iowa, or Blue Cloud Abbey in South Dakota, or Mount Angel Abbey here in Oregon.
PS - Snakebite writes...maybe it's from Abbey Normal. And I think, what the heck is Abbey Normal??? So I do a Google search.
Abbey Normal is:
- a Belgian-style beer from Cambridge Brewing Company
- a bit from the movie Young Frankenstein described in this entry on the I Live on a Farm blog
- a You Tube dancer Just Call Me Abbey Normal
- a strange woman on iLike
- a coffee cup with a brain on it
- a number of zombie-loving people on myspace
- a t-shirt company and an ID tag for another company with t-shirts
- a mountain that is just left of "Cow Patty".
- a cover band that made a record called Mr. Pickle
- a published author Pneumanaut: a thesis by Dr. Abbey Normal