Sunday, February 25, 2007

EDM Challenge #107: Newspaper , and Surfboards

 The Everyday Matters Challenge #107 was to draw how we get our news. We have The Oregonian delivered daily and it is dropped on our driveway. It's not a very good paper, but it's the only real option in town.








This second drawing/painting I did this week is from a photo I took of rental surfboards in Hawaii last year. It was a very shady spot and I was trying to show the shade without losing the color of the boards. I LOVE the colors of Hawaii - especially the water.

Here in Portland we've had rain, gray skies, and cold. Blech!

EP


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Emma, I think you've replicated the shade very well in the surfboard painting. And the newspaper is very, very good, too. I was perusing your site and really like your salt and pepper painting, and your comments.

Teri said...

Your newspaper is just great!! I love those surfboards with the shadows. It looks wonderful!!

Deborah said...

Great job on the newspaper and I can feel the tradewinds as I study the surfboards. My mom and sisters live in and around Vancouver, WA I know what you mean about the rain and the blech. Maybe we can connect next time I visit them.

Linda said...

Oooh ... your surfboards! What a GREAT painting! It just takes you away from the rain and cold ...
:-)

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

nice job on these...and hey it was the same weather down here in the sawth but it did clear up enough for a nice meal on the back porch finally!

Brenda Yarborough said...

I have family in Milwaukie and yep - The Oregonian is the only paper - LOL!
You did a marvelous job on the paper and on the colorful surfboards!

Anonymous said...

Great sketches Emma. I LOVE your style.

Kunya said...

Emma, I like your drawings, nice style.

Alison said...

Lovely newspaper and I love the composition of the surfboard pic.

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Emma!

Emma Pod said...

Hello phthalo, teri, deborah,linda, scquilt, brenda, shirley, kunya, alison and karen,

Thank you so much for taking a look at my drawings and for leaving comments. It's so nice to hear from all of you! Thanks for your encouragement. It's fun to share these projects and look at all of yours as well.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

These are both cool Emma. I love the newspaper - what a cool name The Oregonian! And the botto one is wonderful too. It's just right.